Information and resources for the teaching of Human society and its Environment
Human Society and Its Environment K–6
The purpose of study of human societies and our environments is to:
enhance students' sense of personal, community, national and global identity; and to
enable participation in maintaining and improving the quality of the society and environments.
There are four strands to the syllabus:
- 1. change and continuity in human living
- 2. cultural perspectives, ours and others
- 3. natural and built environments locally and globally
- 4. the structure of governments and social systems
- HSIE studies include History, Geography, Commerce and Indigenous cultures.